Advantages of Celitement
- Reduced need in calcium carbonate: molar ratio of calcium to silicon is smaller than 2.
- Low process temperature.
- Reduced emission of carbon dioxide from raw materials and fuels.
- Established process engineeering: unit operations are well known either in cement or aerated concrete manufacturing.
- Compatible to conventional cementitious binders: miscibility with Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC), known handling and hardening.
- Homogeneous composition enables easy control of hardening and product quality.
- Good durability and resistance because of highly connected silicate building units and low porosity.
- Little efflorescence due to the pure CSH phase.
- Extremely low heat of hydration combined with high early strength.